• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 projectr13b

projectr13b

1st Heat

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

I haven't been to an event in about a year and plan to come drive in June. My current helmet has a SNELL M2010 certification, and I wanted to make sure it would still be fine to use before coming out. According to SCCA rules that I found, it seems like it should be ok, but I didn't want to show up to the event and not be able to use it, especially while I have plenty of time to buy a new helmet if need be.

Second question, I'm going to start driving a different car this season and it's still very much so a work in progress. My only concern for tech right now is that one or more pulleys are making a lot of noise and I doubt I'll have a chance to change all of them before the event. I just wanted to make sure it would still pass tech with them making noise. Belts are in good condition and tight and everything else on the car is currently secure minus some loose unused connectors I need to take care of under the dash.

Thanks for the info!

#2 KeithK

KeithK

3rd Heat

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

Snell M2010 certification meets the current requirement.

Tech inspection is focused on safety items and leaking fluids. Noisy pulleys should not be an issue.  Ultimately this will be left to the discretion of the Chief of Tech, but if it can go, stop and turn safely without piddling on the concrete, you should be good.

• projectr13b and Cal 87 like this

#3 projectr13b

projectr13b

1st Heat

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

Snell M2010 certification meets the current requirement.

Tech inspection is focused on safety items and leaking fluids. Noisy pulleys should not be an issue.  Ultimately this will be left to the discretion of the Chief of Tech, but if it can go, stop and turn safely without piddling on the concrete, you should be good.

Thanks!