• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sjfehr

sjfehr

"Calculated Excuse"

• Contributors
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

#1 is still Hoosier A6. Street tires have gotten a lot more interesting, with Dunlop ZII and BFG Rival both looking fantastically fast, and if early indications are accurate, both will be good wet and dry & hot and cold- all the while gripping almost as good as r-comps yet wearing like street tires. I hope they live up to the hype! Bridgestone RE-11 is anticipated to be out soon, too.

Once again, Andy Hollis saved me the trouble of putting together a big post:

http://www.facebook....409412972476008

Long story short: buy the one that comes in your tire size.

#2 blacksnshn

blacksnshn

2nd Heat

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Just finished my first test on the Rivals and my goodness are they sticky. They really are on the same level as the Hoosiers. Not quite as fast but definitely in the same ballpark. Now I just hope they wear as well as predicted. Anyone have any input on how well the Star Specs wear? Number of runs or seasons for a set? Im pretty sure the rivals are going to wear similar to them.

#3 sjfehr

sjfehr

"Calculated Excuse"

• Contributors
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Just finished my first test on the Rivals and my goodness are they sticky. They really are on the same level as the Hoosiers. Not quite as fast but definitely in the same ballpark. Now I just hope they wear as well as predicted. Anyone have any input on how well the Star Specs wear? Number of runs or seasons for a set? Im pretty sure the rivals are going to wear similar to them.

I'd get generally 3000-6000 miles on any given star spec which is depressing for a 200TW tire. Roughly 150 runs on the fronts and 200+ on the rears, plus street miles. I'm really hoping ZII and Rival are much better.

#4 blacksnshn

blacksnshn

2nd Heat

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'd get generally 3000-6000 miles on any given star spec which is depressing for a 200TW tire. Roughly 150 runs on the fronts and 200+ on the rears, plus street miles. I'm really hoping ZII and Rival are much better.

Well, I don't plan to do any highway miles on these. They are going to be truly dedicated race tires. I'm really just worried about how the corners wear. Fortunately, I can swap my fronts and rears unlike the mismatch tire sizes on your Porsche. But to be able to expect 200+ runs on them is pretty good I guess. I'm really hoping they last well into the 2014 season or even through the end of it, but we will just have to wait and see. Thanks for the info though.

Edited by blacksnshn, 02 March 2013 - 05:35 PM.